Thursday 14 February 2013

Starry night!

November's clubs were inspired by Vincent Van Gogh's famous painting, the Starry Night.

I have to confess it has taken me a long time to come to terms with Vincent Van Gogh and see his work with less jaded eyes. Not because I don't like it - I find it amazing now. Unfortunately, I had a long-term arrangement with Mr V G's work in the shape of Mrs Reid's English class. Week after week I sat in the same classroom faced by the same poster (not even a print!) whilst learning the joys of English Literature. Many the hour I spent staring deep into that poster willing all my carefully memorised but frustratingly elusive quotes to resurface and leap onto my exam papers. I shudder at the memory even now.....

But enough reminiscing, I'm long since past all that (no permanent trauma at all, honest!) and now I can enjoy a lovely VVG as much as the next man. And I'm glad really, as they are such beautiful, intense colours with amazing swirling shapes and textures.

So, if you're still with me, thank you, and here are this month's clubs, inspired by The Starry Night...
Bluefaced Leicester and sparkly trilobal nylon roving for Roving Medley members,

BFL/trilobal nylon, twirly soft kid mohair fleece and lustrous Wensleydale roving for Fibre Adventure members,

And for Sock Club members I had a bit of extra fun dyeing two cakes of yarn in matching shades, dipping, rolling and syringing colour onto some beautiful merino/nylon softspun sock yarn.

(I got an A in English Lit. and English Language btw, in case you were wondering!)

No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf