Tuesday 10 January 2012

Year-End Gig Round-up!


Bit of a theme to gigs towards the end of 2011. As you know Pete and I are big fans of the King Blues (vis a vis the link. The King Blues' style is quite upfront so if you are not cool with bad language or you have youngsters nearby, you may prefer to give the link a miss). 




We took the opportunity to see them in Manchester at the Academy 2, then found out that they were one of the bands playing with Billy Bragg as part of his Leftfield in Motion tour back in my home town of Leeds so we got a second bite at the cherry, notwithstanding seeing Billy Bragg, too!




What a great gig! So, one way and another we started and ended 2011 with a King Blues/Billy Bragg sandwich.

Not forgetting Kate Tempest and fellow Londoners Sound of Rum who are another great band, well worth seeing if you get the chance.



Oh, and I get my official groupie award for having my copy Billy Bragg's new CD Fight Songs



...signed by the man himself! Yeay!

No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf