Thursday 12 January 2012

Club pics July, sort of - Scots Pine

The observant among you will notice the absence of July yarn and fibre pics (!). Not only do I not know what happened to the pics, other than knowing that the colourway was Scots Pine, I have no recollection of what it even looked like! What I do know is that the inspiration was my trip to Summer School in Edinburgh and that this was the photo-inspiration...
and this is how I described the colourway...
 
"The Scots pine is a particularly beautiful shade of blue-green, and is, as I discovered, quite elusive to capture in a dye. I have used a merino/tencel yarn to create the reflective quality of the pine needles and gentle combinations of dyes to give a subtly variegated colourway".


So club members, if you have a photo of your parcel, please do let me know, and for everyone else, I'm afraid I shall have to leave it to your imagination!

(And I do have photos for the rest of the year - I have checked!).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have this http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SmilendeSusse/retro-rib-socks

Debbie said...

Thank you : ) Love the socks. Would it be ok to borrow the rav pic/s for my blog?

Unknown said...

You are very welcome.

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf