Wednesday 23 November 2011

T is for....Textiles in Sussex

Another lovely visit to Lewes for the East Sussex Guild’s biennial exhibition and sale. The members’ work was as beautiful as ever and we had an excellent time. We were rather busy so not much time to take photos but I did sneak off the stall for a few minutes for a bit of “retail therapy” ; )

And here’s a quick peak at my little stash of goodies:
Buttons & fasteners from Textile Garden


Nettle yarn from the Transrural Trust


Sari fabric strips from Janet at the Threshing Barn for my OCA course (you have no idea how long it took me to choose the colours, they were all so pretty!)

Threads from the Handweavers’ Gallery (also for the OCA course – I never bought anything this exciting for my Classics degree!)

And, the piece de la resistance, a Russian spindle and ceramic bowl from Ian Tait at IST Spindles. This one is being wrapped back up as it may yet be a Christmas present but  I’m not sure if I can wait that long…..

Many thanks to the Guild for inviting us back this year and a huge thank you to all the members who helped us ferrying boxes in and out of the car, supplied us with regular teas, coffees and biscuits and even provided lunch orders to keep us fed and watered. Oh, and Pete says I mustn’t forget to mention the scrumptious homemade cakes : )

T is today's catch-up post for the ABC meme 

2 comments:

pinkundine said...

Wow, you got some fab purchases. The nettle yarn sounds interesting and your spindle is gorgeous!

Debbie said...

Thanks, I'm really excited about the nettle yarn. It's tough stuff, rather like hemp, but seems to soften nicely the more it is used/washed. Should be fun!

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf