Tuesday 24 August 2010

Knit Camp - the piccies!

....Lots of piccies but here's a small selection....

The campus was beautiful...


There was some fabulous sightseeing at the (exceptionally windy-weathered and windy-staired) Wallace Monument,

(Do not be fooled by Pete's composed look - this is how windy it actually was!)


Stirling


and Alloa.


More about Alloa in a separate post, but there are lots more fab pics of the Monument and of Stirling in my albums. We missed out on the castle but there are some lovely pics of the church, graveyard and town.

Then, of course, there was the dyeing! Lots more pics in the album and students have been sending in their pics too, so watch out for those soon, but here are just a couple...




Vibrant sock blanks were in abundance, gorgeous self-striping yarns, super ball-dyeing and lots of lovely lace samples. I hope I'll see some of the finished items (not very subtle hint to all my fab students ; ) )


Speaking of whom, how is this for the fabbest teacher gift ever? A group of girls travelled from Portugal and brought gifts for their tutors. And I was very lucky to receive this one from Filomena...


The bag is beautifully handmade and there is soap, a notebook and pencil, some lovely undyed yarn to play with, and a special pin for Portuguese knitting

...And, the cutest little Portuguese knitter ever! I shall need to think of a suitable name (and learn to do Portuguese knitting!), but my lovely knitter is now a much-appreciated addition to my living room. She had many admirers at Knit Camp as you can imagine!


Thank you so much Filomena, Fernanda and Xana : ))


The Marketplace was bustling and I couldn't resist some stitch markers and a new book. Pete also snuck off the stall to take some pics of the Sheep to Sweater Challenge...


All in all, a really enjoyable week - and the less said about the 75 mile round trip detour we had to take on the way home because I missed a sign for the M73 - the better (in my defence it was very small and in the middle of the roadworks contraflow and I didn't have a road atlas)

(Note to self: multimap is not a substitute for a road atlas, especially if you packed the route map in the back of the van!).

3 comments:

Owlmania said...

I so happy you like the portuguese gifts! :o))

I received also a gift from your class: Filomena brought me a lace sample yarn with my favourite colours.
I love it!
You can see it here: http://www.ravelry.com/people/Owlmania/stash/green-filomena-uk-knit-camp-2010

Filomena said...

Hi Debbie,

I'm very glad that you enjoyed our goodie bag! We were very excited to take a little bit of Portugal to our wonderfull teachers ;o)

Can you please remind me the aproximate yardage of the lace samples? I'm pretty sure you mentione it during class, but I didn't take note and now I can't remember...

Also, will be placing an order in your shop soon. Was going to get stuff at your stall in the market, but figured I best do it from home.

Best wishes,
Filomena

Debbie said...

Thanks for the link Owl_mania. Have added you to my friends list : )

Have emailed the yarn yardage and your goodies are on the way, Filomena - hope you have lots of fun with the dyeing : ))

Debbie
xx

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf