Wednesday 3 February 2010

January clubs - don your sunglasses!

The theme for this month was something of a contrast from December. "Fruit Salad" is inspired by one of my favourite sweeties from childhood. I just loved those brightly coloured, fruity chews (who am I kidding, I still buy them as my little treat after posting the parcels!).

We had a good laugh when discussing these with friends - I remember them being three for halfpence, then being scandalised when they went up to three for a penny. This led to discussions about the price of mars bars and milky ways, spangles, pacers, flying saucers and kop kopps. Ok, now I feel old so I'm going to stop....

Crikey, nearly forgot the fibres in all that reminiscing!

Here's the sock yarn, soft and luxurious alpaca/nylon....

Roving - squishy Falkland


and, at the top, Fibre Adventure - Falkland roving, baby camel/silk blend and Jacob fleece.

Don't adjust your sets folks, I have something subtle and sultry planned for next month....

No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf