Monday 30 March 2009

Lawn and Border

Spent Sunday afternoon trying to tame the sprawling border where I foolishly planted a tiny bamboo plant 18 months ago. My advice? Do not plant bamboo unless you want to spend many unhappy hours digging it out from under your path, lawn, pond edging, under all your shrubs etc etc. That stuff is rampant!! It has undermined some of my favourite shrubs and one of my lovely penstemons just fell clean over when I pulled at a bit of bamboo root. It had obviously burrowed its way underneath, strangling the roots of the penstemon until it couldn't survive : ((

Okay, so I had the best upper body and thigh workout I've had in ages as I hauled on the deepest, horriblest roots, but I only cleared a tiny area and there's still loads to go : (
- where's Charlie Dimmock when you need her????

No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf