Thursday 26 February 2009

February Fibre Clubs - the pics!



As promised last week, here are the pics of this month's Roving Medley Fibre Club and the Fibre Adventure Club. The colourway is Hyacinth, inspired by the imminent arrival of Spring (we hope!) and this month the Roving Medley was Merino/Tencel, lightly blended to give clear, distinct stripes for interesting spinning effects.

Fibre Adventurers received a parcel of silk noils, Merino/Tencel roving and gorgeous Jacob fleece.

The Jacob, one of our British Rare Breeds, is kept by a local handspinner and is just beautiful. It can almost be spun straight off the back of the sheep! As Jacob fans will know, the breed is a coloured sheep, but I was lucky enough to be able to bag an almost entirely white fleece for this month's parcel - one of the benefits of buying locally!

Look out for another scrumptious British fibre next month... (and if you haven't signed up yet, I've opened up some more places here)

No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf