Tuesday 26 February 2008

Workshops find a new home


Last year my workshops were held in the prettiest little village in Derbyshire (Eyam), at Deirdre Gage's lovely Woolgathering gallery. Sadly, in January, Deirdre called to let me know that she was moving on to pastures new. And so began the hunt for a new venue. Little did I know how difficult this would be! Lots of phone calls, visits, emails and discussions later and I wasn't much further forward. Then the scout leader at Will's scout group came to my rescue with the offer to rent their scout hall. It's only available on Saturdays so I've had to move my course days, but at least it's a start while I keep looking for a mid-week venue. I have to confess that suburban Sale isn't as picturesque as Eyam, but the hall has tons of space and is much easier to get to. It's close to the metrolink so hopefully everyone will be able to get there and it's even handy for Manchester city centre, the Trafford Centre and the new Chill factor-e (indoor ski centre) for the non-dyeing members of the party!

Dates are just up on the site and I'll be doing a brand new course on natural dyeing with Earthues natural dye extracts too so it promises to be a fun year!

1 comment:

Crobbles said...

It will be fantastic to not have the drive at either end even though Eyam was bonny.
I'm coming to a natural dye workshop... just off to check out the dates.

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf